Thursday, November 15, 2007

No "Ho Ho Ho"..Oh Hell NO!!!

I just got done reading a very interesting article on yahoo.com, I don't have time to actually read a newspaper, about how Santa Clause has been told to no longer say his classic catch phrase "Ho Ho Ho", but change it to "Ha Ha Ha"! Ok at first I thought maybe it was to change things up a bit until I got further into the article and come to find out it is because our world has gotten so PC that people are scared it will scare children and might upset women! OK hold the train for a second...upset women! Where do they get these ideas and where are the women who are making the complaints? Seriously if there are complaints out there by some women who are offended by a catch phrase that has been used for centuries by this beloved Christmas character, then they need their heads examined.

As for children being scared, that comes with being Santa Clause I remember it took me up until I was 9 yrs old to final sit in the big red man's lap, most of my pictures were of me standing 2 feet from the man. Its a right of passage as children to be scared of the Jolly Red Giant, but we get over it and move on, I don't remember being coodled by the world when things scared me, I was always told to chalk it up and deal. As a parent I'm the same way when it comes to Santa, if my son doesn't want to sit on his lap because he is scared then fine, but I'm not going to force him to change his ways that have been going on for centuries b/c he scares a couple of kids!

What has the world come to, Santa has to say "Ha Ha Ha" and supposbly needs to lose a few pounds according to another article. What is next the Easter Rabbit has to get a rabbi shot or Cupid can't use arrows to grant love since it will promote violence!

No comments: